For all ladies, moms, and aspiring moms...
Women's pelvic floor series
This series has been created with you in mind...
- The to-be mother, whether the first time around or another one on the way soon
- The mother whose kids have been around a while
- The woman without kids and caring for her body
No matter which you are, this 3-part series will give you to the tools to:
- Therapeutically tend to each stage of your body from pregnancy to post-child
- Keep your pelvis – your foundation – stable, mobile, and strong
- Prevent, alleviate or eliminate any pelvic floor pain or concerns
P.S. If we haven't met yet... Hello! I'm Rhianna Gawrys 👋
Choosing a partner during your pregnancy is an important decision. I take your health and your child’s health seriously.
But if I’m not a mom, why am I offering this series? Because my friends are moms and mothers to-be and I wanted to support them with the unique skills of this therapy.
In 2015, I started out on this journey to be a neuro-muscular reeducation therapist to get people out of pain. But the same techniques I use to eliminate pain, also apply to women’s pelvic floor health.
This 3 part series was created as a gift to my friends and now I want you to have these tools to make your body more at ease during and after pregnancy. And which will serve your for a lifetime.
Series 1: Pregnancy
You’ve probably heard pre-natal yoga is good for future moms; Well this is therapeutic yoga. And the home practice you’ll want supporting you.
- Release tension in the lower back as your baby grows
- Focus on building strength and flexibility
- Education on your pelvic floor, it’s more than just kegels. Did you know your pelvic floor as 3 levels of muscles?
This series will offer modification as you progress through pregnancy.
Series 2: Postpartum +
As your body adjusts post pregnancy, this series will focus on:
- Gently attending to any continued tension in your back
- Creating ease in your upper body as you hold, breastfeed, and cuddle with your new born
- Be the gentle TLC your body needs after 9 months of miraculous work
Series 3: The Next 9 Months
After postpartum, this round of therapeutic classes will support you with:
- Tending to your side body as your little one hangs out on your hips
- Keeping your pelvis stable, mobile, and strong
- Give you 75-minutes of YOU time – you deserve it!
How it works and what you need.
What equipment do I need?
We’ll let you know which specific props are needed for each class but, in general, you’ll need…
- Yoga mat
- Blanket: choose one that folds easily; wool and Mexican-style work best
- Yoga block
- 8′ D-ring strap (Alternatives: a scarf, belt, or thera band)
- Bolster for under knees (Alternatives: big pillow(s) or thick blanket)
- If possible: a quiet space with no distractions
- Sturdy chair (dinning room style, no arms)
- Birthing ball
- The more props the merrier to make you most comfortable
Series 2 & 3:
- Rolled up towel
- Small hand towel
Delivery format – What does the series look like?
While I’d love to invite you to my studio, to increase access during our busy lives, this 3-part series is virtual. Each series is 3 classes and classes are 75-minutes long.
Contrary to popular culture, I believe less is more. 3 classes during each series will give you more than enough therapeutic movements and tools to support your journey. While it’s not required, I strongly suggest you develop a home practice from these classes that fits into your routine.
How much does it cost?
Each series is $75. Upon signing up for each, you’ll be asked for payment.
I'm interested but I have some specific health concerns... how can I know if these classes will work for me?
I’m so glad you asked. Please reach out to me directly so we can discuss your concerns and determine if the classes are a good fit.
I've been a mom for a long time... is series 1 appropriate for me?
Yes! Series 1 includes the therapeutic movements I use with my private clients. Especially, if you have back pain, you’ll enjoy these.
Still uncertain? Email me and we’ll discuss your goals and discuss the best resource.
What exactly is therapeutic yoga?
Great question. The International Association of Yoga Therapy describes yoga therapy like this…
“Although all yoga is potentially therapeutic and healing, yoga therapy is the specific application of yogic tools—postures/exercises, breathwork, meditation techniques, and more—to address an individual’s physical, mental, and emotional needs.”
Our series will use all these tools to support you, the woman, the mother, the mother to-be, no matter where you are on this journey.
What conditions have you worked with?
This list is not exhaustive:
- Back, neck, shoulder, hip, knee pain
- Plantars fasciitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Carpal tunnel
- Migraines and headaches
- Restless leg syndrome
- Spinal stenosis
- Bulging, herniated discs
- Limping walk
- Pre- and post- surgery