The Motherhood Series
This series has been lovingly created with your body in mind...
Supporting a mother's body for 18-months
from pregnancy through birth and beyond
Therapeutic care & movements for each stage of your journey
Give your baby your 100% with ease and abundance:
3 Stages – 3 Series – 3 Classes per series
to support your:
Back & Pelvic Floor:
Before & after delivery
Holding & breastfeeding
Back & Hips:
Carrying your child
- Release tension and create ease in your body at every stage
- Keep your foundation – your pelvis and pelvic floor – stable, mobile and strong
- Prepare your body and mind to provide energy and presence for your little one
PLUS each series includes:
- Relaxation techniques.
- Breath work to stay in rest & digest mode.
- Mindfulness to stay tuned into your body & mind.
- Connection to yourself, to a community of mothers, to me – your yoga therapy teacher.
How it works
Come for your baby, stay for yourself
Prepare your body as it goes through all its changes.
Find peace of mind throughout the process.
As your body creates a new little one, we’ll:
- Release tension in the lower back as your baby grows.
- Focus on building strength and flexibility.
- Prepare for delivery by developing the 4 aspects to a healthy functioning pelvic floor.
This series will offer modification as you progress through pregnancy so that you can start in any trimester.
Any pain or discomfort in your body
detracts your energy and presence from your baby.
As your body adjusts post pregnancy, we’ll:
- Gently attend to any continued tension in your back.
- Create ease in your upper body as you hold, breastfeed, and cuddle with your newborn.
- Ensure your recovery to a healthy functioning pelvic floor.
The Next 9 Months
Your new little one requires so much of you.
Replenish yourself to ensure you can continue to
After postpartum, this round of therapeutic classes will support you to:
- Tend to your side body as your little one hangs out on your hips and is held on that one side.
- Keep your pelvis and pelvic floor stable, mobile, and strong.
- Enjoy rest and resilience needed for your body to keep giving and being with your little one(s).
P.S. If we haven't met yet... Hello! I'm Rhianna Gawrys 👋
I began my private neuro-muscular reeducation therapy practice – incorporating yoga therapy – in 2018 specializing in clients with chronic pain: back pain, plantars fasciitis, M.S., restless leg syndrome, migraines, etc.
This Motherhood Series started to help my friends who were soon-to-be mothers.
It takes my therapy knowledge and focuses on what a mother’s body needs for her 18-month pregnancy and postpartum journey:
- A sense of serenity
- Permission to tend to self
- Connection to adults during maternity leave
- Practices for self-awareness
This 3-part series was created as a gift to my friends and now I want you to have these tools to nourish your body as you nourish your baby during and after pregnancy, which will serve you for a lifetime.
How it works and what you need.
A yoga mat or carpet floor to lay down on will do! Items you have around the house will serve for any needed props. Each class will list which props are needed. If you can have a quiet space without any child, pet, or notification interruptions that is best. Can’t arrange that? No worries, just show up and you’ll still benefit – perfection isn’t required .
While I’d love to invite you to my studio, to increase access during our busy lives, these videos are available online for you to watch at your own pace. The series platform is Mighty Networks, which is accessible on your computer and as an app on your mobile device – meaning the series and your community is always with you.
Each series is 3 classes and classes are broken down into 20-25 minute clips to make it easy to fit into your busy schedule. You’ll love the 5-10 minutes of relaxation time at the end so leave space for that!
Contrary to popular culture, I believe less is more. 3 classes during each series will give you more than enough therapeutic movements and tools to support your journey. While it’s not required, I strongly suggest you develop a home practice from these classes that fits into your routine.
Currently, each series is $111. First, you’ll be directed to complete a short intake form to acquire the information needed to add you to the platform and the series you select to start with. Then you’ll be directed to payment. Note that without payment, you won’t be added to the community.
As you progress to the next stage of your journey, unlock the next series with payment to gain immediate access.
I’m so glad you asked. Please reach out to me directly so we can discuss your concerns and determine if the classes are a good fit or if we need to incorporate modifications to support your needs. My private therapy clients represent a wide range of conditions and concerns and we will work together to find the best support for you.
This list is not exhaustive:
- Back, neck, shoulder, hip, knee pain (new, chronic, and acute)
- Plantars fasciitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Carpal tunnel
- Migraines and headaches
- Restless leg syndrome
- Spinal stenosis
- Bulging, herniated discs
- Limping walk
- Pre- and post- surgery
Yes! Series 1 includes the therapeutic movements I use with my private clients. Especially if you have back pain, you’ll enjoy these.
Still uncertain? Email me and we’ll discuss your goals and the best resource.
Great question. The International Association of Yoga Therapy (IAYT) describes yoga therapy like this…
“Although all yoga is potentially therapeutic and healing, yoga therapy is the specific application of yogic tools—postures/exercises, breathwork, meditation techniques, and more—to address an individual’s physical, mental, and emotional needs.”
Our series will use all these tools to support you and all the hats your wear in your life as the woman, the mother, the mother to-be, no matter where you are on this journey.